Tips on Planning Ahead
The following tips will help ensure a comfortable and enjoyable RBC Canadian Open experience:
- Check on the RBC Canadian Open home page for up-to-date tournament news, including parking information
- Wear headgear or a hat for protection from the sun and use suntan lotion or sun block
- Bring a rain jacket or poncho
- Bring an umbrella if inclement weather is in the forecast
- Wear rubber-soled shoes, lightweight and light coloured clothing
- Wear sunglasses
- Cameras and autographs are ONLY permitted Monday - Wednesday
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration
- Remember where you car is parked
While at the championship Golf Canada asks that you adhere to the following:
- Look for and obey Marshal signals at all times
- Walk at all times - never run
- Be quiet and still as golfers play their shots
- Do not leave the green areas until all players in the group have putted out
- Do not approach or talk to players on the course
- Cross fairways only at the designated crosswalk and stay behind the ropes (unless permitted to enter)
- Place garbage in the receptacles provided
- Be considerate of your fellow spectators and Volunteers as you would like them to be of you
- Please be considerate of others and kneel or sit if you are in the front row of the gallery
Spectator Services /Activities
Various services/activities are available for all spectators:
- Westjet RBC Mastercard Putting Challenge
- Complimentary BMW shuttles to and from the Ancaster Fairgrounds parking lot
- Molson Canadian 67 Beer Garden and on-course food & beverage concessions
- Check Stand for prohibited items
- Bell Phone Zones
- Pairing sheets with course map and daily pairings
- Electronic scoreboards, which also include statistics, player locations on course and important messages
- Standards with each group showing scores for each player in the grouping
- RBC Automated Teller Machines (ATM)
- Lost & Found
- Designated wheelchair viewing areas at the 18th green and Practice Range
- Bring your refillable water container to the RBC Water Stations located throughout the course
There is only one entrance onto the Hamilton Golf & Country Club property during championship week. The Spectator
Entrance is located on Golf Links Road between McNiven and Halson Streets.
This entrance will bring spectators onto the course to the Admissions and Will Call Centre, as well as the Merchandise Tent and Spectator Village. There will be no vehicle access through the main entrance, unless the vehicle has the appropriate permitand passengers have proper credentials. All spectators, volunteers and officials must have proper credentials to enter the grounds.
The RBC Canadian Open is a bicycle friendly tournament and we encourage everyone to ride to the championship. Racks for bicycles are available just inside the Spectator Entrance.
For your comfort, we suggest you wear rubber-soled shoes,a hat or visor, sunglasses, lightweight and light coloured clothing and sunscreen.Infor matio n and Mess ages Information stations are located at Admissions. In addition, RBC Ambassadors will be positioned at key locations on the course to assist with any questions. Messages of great importance will be posted on the closed circuit television network and on the electronic scoreboards.
Merchandise / Souvenirs
Championship merchandise can be found in the Hamilton Golf & Country Club Pro Shop next to the 1st tee or in the Merchandise Tent located at the Spectator Entrance.
Spectators driving a BMW should proceed to the Ancaster Fairgrounds to access complimentary parking for BMW vehicles.
There is no spectator parking available on-site or nearby the Hamilton Golf & Country Club. All other parking is by permit only. Streets in the vicinity of Hamilton Golf & Country Club will be restricted to those with appropriate permits.
Taxi & Limousine
A drop off area will be provided near the corner of Wilson Street and Halson Street. There is no parking or waiting for pickups so please
coordinate any pickup times and locations accordingly.Due to local street closures, there will be no access to the Hamilton Golf & Country Club. Please follow the signs and obey the traffic and police officers.
Complimentary pairing sheets are available at Admissions and will be distributed on-site at various locations including the Clubhouse, Golf Canada House and the Practice Facility. Pairing sheets will be available Monday through Sunday.
Facilities for people with disabilities are provided. Reserved viewing areas on the 18th green and Practice Facility are available for those using wheelchairs or other means of assistance. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are provided on-site. Parking spaces will be reserved at Ancaster Fairgrounds for those spectators who are wheelchair bound. A special handicap bus with lift capabilities will transport those spectators to and from the golf course. This service will operate Monday to Sunday.
The RBC Canadian Open recycles! We encourage you to use our recycle containers which are positioned throughout the golf course. While walking the course, you will notice three types of containers for disposal of waste. Blue bags are for plastic bottles, glass and cans. Green carts are used for organics. Green bags and white boxes are for all other waste.
First – Aid Stations
The Medical Headquarters will be located in the main parking lot on site. Two satellite first-aid stations will be located on site; behind the skybox at the 17th green and to the left of the 2nd green. All first-aid stations will be staffed with emergency medical technicians. If a medical emergency arises, please notify a RBC Canadian Open Volunteer or Tournament Official.
The PGA TOUR will have meteorology staff on-site monitoring the possibility of inclement weather. If a storm is approaching, special “weather warning” signs will be posted on electronic leaderboards around the course. When the sign appears, spectators are advised to take immediate precautions prior to any suspension of play. Grandstands will be cleared when weather warning signs are posted. When the siren sounds, play is suspended, close your umbrella and seek shelter immediately and avoid the following:
- Open areas
- Hilltops / high places
- Isolated trees
- Golf Carts
- Wire fencing
- Skyboxes / Grandstands
Lost & Found
Any lost and found items will be taken to Admissions, located at the spectator entrance.
Any lost person, including children, will be taken to the Security HQ located in the parking lot of Hamilton Golf & Country Club.
For more information, please call Golf Canada at 1-800-571-6736 or visit the Tournament Office on-site.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
Beer and wine are available at most concession stands on the course. Alcoholic beverages served inside the Clubhouse, Skyboxes, Clubhouse Tables, Chalets or Marquee Village areas are not permitted outside these areas. Under the Liquor License Act, it is strictly prohibited to enter the Clubhouse, Skybox, Chalet or Marquee Village with an alcoholic beverage purchased elsewhere. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on any public bleacher seating.
Autographs may be requested and given at the players' convenience during the practice rounds and pro-ams, Monday to Wednesday. A NO AUTOGRAPH POLICY is in effect throughout each of the championship rounds, Thursday - Sunday. Spectators should not approach a player for an autograph from the time immediately preceding the player's starting time up to and including the time when the player is at the practice range and practice green or en route to his 1st tee.
Cameras are only allowed on-site at the course during Practice Rounds, Monday through Wednesday, for personal use only and without their cases. Cameras are prohibited during the championship rounds, Thursday - Sunday. Camcorders are prohibited on site all week.
Mobile Device Policy
Mobile devices are welcome at the RBC Canadian Open:
• Remember to put your device on silent prior to entering the championship grounds.
• Your mobile device may not be used to record video of the players at any time and may not be used as a camera Thursday to Sunday.
• Spectators wishing to make phone calls should proceed to the designated Bell Phone Zones located around the course.
• Violators will be subject to having their mobile device confiscated by security and will be returned only when leaving the grounds at the Check Stand located at Admissions.
Please take note of the following items that are prohibited from entering the championship grounds:
- CAMERAS allowed Monday to Wednesday only (other than smart phones)
- VIDEO CAMERAS (other than smart phones)
- BAGS, BACKPACKS & PACKAGES (8” x 8” x 8” or smaller allowed)
- RADIOS, TELEVISION & NOISE MAKING DEVICES
- SIGNS, BANNER FLAGS, etc.
- BICYCLES (park at bike racks)
- PETS (other than service animals)
- STEPLADDERS OR STEPSTOOLS
- FOOD & BEVERAGE, including bottled water
All carry-on bags, purses, fanny packs, etc. will be subject to inspection. Any spectator bringing a restricted item onto the grounds will have two options; return the item to their vehicle or check the items at the on-site Check Stand.
Juniors 17 years of age and younger are permitted access to the grounds free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed
adult. Junior passes do not permit access to areas requiring specific credentials (Clubhouse, Marquees, Skyboxes, Skybox Tables or
Golf Canada House).
Those spectators wishing to leave the grounds and re-enter must have their hands stamped by the Security personnel working the gate. Each daily ticket will be punched by Security as you enter the grounds. All tickets will be punched once.
Daily Grounds, Clubhouse Lounge, Skybox, Chalets, Marquee Village and Clubhouse Table tickets/badges are not transferable under any circumstances.